Friday, February 11, 2011

Simmered Italian-Style Pork Chops, p.51

When it comes to cooking a pork chop, I am challenged because I will always cook it to the consistency of a boot - the leather kind.  This is partly due to my fear of pig poisoning.  So if you are like me, then proceed with caution.   Other than that tiny fact, these chops were very good.  The sauce was full of flavor.  My pork chops were a little thicker than the recipe called for, but if you follow it exactly you'll use about 5 pp per serving.

The 5 Ingredients:

The Final Dish:

I served this with baby spinach and arugula tossed with a tbsp of balsamic vinegar (my fave go to side).  I also tossed capers in my sauce, as suggested, as well as adding some sliced basil on top.  Yum and yum.  As long as I cut my chop into small bites, I was OK.  My kids managed to get the only tender pieces, so they were happy little chompers.  My husband was the odd ball out and almost cut through his plate. Poor guy. 

I will make this again, but I'd like to try it with chicken breast or I could try tenderizing the mess out of my pork chops.. hey could be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment