Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Catfish Po' Boys, p. 144

I love me some creole food.  I do. This recipe was fairly easy but when cooking catfish, due to it's slimy texture and fishy taste, it should be fried.  Period.  So, this recipe would be a winner with a milder fish, like tilapia.  However, maybe I just suck at grilling catfish (or was I attempting to blacken?).  Whatever the case, my meal was just so-so.

The 5 Ingredients: Catfish, Cajun seasoning, romaine lettuce, FF tarter sauce (I made my own), and multi grain hamburger buns.


The Final Result:


So, you are probably looking at the picture noticing there are more than 5 ingredients.  As I said earlier I made my own LF tarter sauce b/c finding FF tarter sauce is like finding my flex pts mid-week... it ain't happenin', they ain't there.  So, I grabbed my LF mayo, sweet relish, and a lemon, mixed to taste and viola!  LF tarter sauce.  It was the best thing on that po' po' boy.

Then I proceeded to over season with Cajun seasoning to help alleviate the fishy taste of the catfish.  Talk about a sodium overdose.  Won't do that again.  Use the Cajun seasoning sparingly, unless you like to see people draw their cheeks in from salt poisoning.  Bleh.  Totally my fault.

I will make this again, except with tilapia or even shrimp!  I paired the po' boy with a baked potato soup.  Now that, my friends, was good and a meal saver.  Moral of the story:  Don't over season!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment