Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Roast Salmon with Cilantro and Lime, pg. 92

I love salmon! Do you love salmon? I have been able to cook it various different ways and it never disappoints!  Well I take that back... I'm always disappointed to discover a 5 oz portion is very small but I'm able to scarf down 10 oz adjust and do that with no problem because I'm such a pro at this WW thang.  This recipe is great and very quick.  The 5 oz fillet will cost you 6 pps.  Be careful because you'll want to make a side or two to go along with it.  I chose brown rice and greens. 

The 5 Ingredients:  Salmon, FF Mayo (I used LF), Garlic, Cilantro, and Lime.


The Final Dish:


The recipe instructions say to brush on mayo then press cilantro in... I failed to read that and mixed the mayo, cilantro, garlic, and lime juice together.  I did that early that morning and let it sit in the fridge all day so I could just brush and go.  Dinner time is such a rush in my house so that worked out great.  Chez magnifique!  The salmon was tender and the "sauce" (it's really not saucy at all) was great.  It needed a little more salt and garlic.  It called for one clove, I used two, and still wanted more.  My husband didn't even know there was garlic.  And THAT should never happen.

Now that mayo mix that I created, accidentally, would make a FAB addition to a sandwich.  Mmm Mmm. Just watch out for untrustworthy people (aka my husband) sneaking around right under your nose.  I kept catching him *trying* to dip carrots in it!  So, for world peace, just make double!

I will make this again, no question, with the salmon I'm breeding in my back yard RIGHT now.

1 comment:

  1. "I will make this again, no question, with the salmon I'm breeding in my back yard RIGHT now."
     
    That last bit got me. Really? Most people grow veg in their back yard - yet you breed salmon?
     
    I'm calling your bluff. Show us a (some) picture(s).  ︶﹏︺

    ReplyDelete