Friday, March 4, 2011

Spinach and Sun-Dried Tomato Pizza, p. 149

This pizza was awesome.  If you make it according to the book it's only 4pps per serving.  If you use full-fat cheese and ignore the instructions on the amounts of ingredients to use, you are looking at about 5 or 6 pps per serving.  Remember I'm the girl that likes quantity, so I was able to cut mine into 8 slices/servings!  I got a little over zealous with the goat cheese and tripled the quantity suggested.  My family wasn't overly impressed with that.  And for the record I paid for my over zealousness later!

The 5 ingredients: Spinach, sun-dried tomatoes, prebaked thin whole wheat pizza crust, LF Italian cheese blend, and LF goat cheese.


The Final Dish:


I live in a house full of carnivorous, heathen men.  If I would have put that pizza on the table without some sort of meat, they would have revolted.  If you live like me, then toss on a couple pieces of sliced chicken breast to keep the menfolk happy.  I got a little chef-y last night when preparing this.  I sauteed my spinach (instead of microwaving with water per the instructions) with fresh garlic in PAM until wilted and soft.  I also sprinkled some garlic (dried) on the crust itself.  YOU MUST DO THAT!!! I give you that tip for free, people!  Garlic is a must.

So, let me explain my goat cheese mishap... I calculated the points in the container, and it was low.  So I assumed the whole thing needed to go on top and would melt like mozzarrella... um, no.  That didn't happen, so just put the proper amount for happy-tummy's sake, ok?

Anyway, this may not be the best dish for a bunch of boys, although my hubby claimed to like it.  I plan to make this for my next girls night to serve with lots of wine.  The ladies will be happily full and drunk before 10pm!

That's how I roll.

No comments:

Post a Comment