Friday, February 11, 2011

Pinapple Upside-Down Shortcakes, p. 178

In my best Hammer voice:  STOP, shortcake time!  These are some good shortcakes, chile'!  The first comment made, as my family started to dig in, was "so are these diet?"  They fooled everybody.  Granted I bought the wrong type of biscuit because the recipe says to buy reduced fat, but Grands whole wheat reduced fat was all I could find.  Then I got home to discover I bought 17 oz can instead of 7 (not that THAT can be found either), oh well. I don't think that would make a difference, except in points.  These are easy to make and you don't even need to have a fork!  Just pick 'em up and eat 'em.  They are 7 pp per cute little cupcake sized serving. 

The 5 Ingredients:

The Final Dish: 

Do you know why this is such an awesome dish?  Because, it's dessert AND breakfast!!!  I did stray from the instructions a little b/c 7 pp is a little too much of a sacrifice at the end of the day (says the girl who ate 12 pp worth of gummy hearts yesterday - I didn't know, ok?).  Anyway, before I realized I bought too big of a container of biscuits I had already decided I'd half all the biscuits and make 12 instead of 6.  Brillance!  More is always better.  I still ate two, so, maybe it wasn't brillance?  Also, if you have the spare flex points, go ahead and plop a nice little bit of cool whip on top!  It's your world girl (or guy?).

Incidentally, that is clearly a whole biscuit in that picture up there... how on earth that happened, I don't know.

I will be making these again, yes I will, for a girls night or when we have out-of-town guests.  Perfect little treat that's hard to beat!

No comments:

Post a Comment